Page 1 of 1
EXP-01 Expression Pedal not reaching 100% on Headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:06
by ariadne0217
I have a small technical issue while setting it up with my HeadRush Core.
When I connect it (using TRS) and use it as a volume pedal, it works smoothly, but the expression value only reaches about halfway (around 50-60%) even when I press the pedal all the way down (toe down). It doesn't reach 100%.
The volume range settings in my HeadRush are fully open (0-100%). Could this be related to the internal DIP switch polarity setting? Or do I need to open the bottom plate and adjust the physical gear/potentiometer alignment?
Please let me know how I can fix this!
Re: Expression pedal not reaching 100% on headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:21
by Vasili
ariadne0217 wrote: 30 Sep 2026, 10:06
When I connect it (using TRS) and use it as a volume pedal, it works smoothly, but the expression value only reaches about halfway (around 50-60%) even when I press the pedal all the way down (toe down). It doesn't reach 100%.
Hi! Could you please confirm the side switch is set to the TRS position?
Re: Expression pedal not reaching 100% on headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:35
by ariadne0217
Yes, I can confirm that the side switch is already set to the TRS position.
Re: Expression pedal not reaching 100% on headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:48
by Vasili
ariadne0217 wrote: 30 Sep 2026, 10:35
Yes, I can confirm that the side switch is already set to the TRS position.
Good, thanks! Could you please let me know if the Volume function works well with the EXP-01? Does the volume drop to zero and go up to max across the pedal's travel?
Re: Expression pedal not reaching 100% on headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:49
by ariadne0217
Hi Vasili, I actually opened the bottom plate and figured it out! The internal gear attached to the potentiometer was sitting slightly low. I just pushed it up to realign the teeth, and now it sweeps perfectly from 0 to 100%. Thanks for the help, the pedal is awesome!
Re: Expression pedal not reaching 100% on headrush Core
Posted: 30 Sep 2026, 10:53
by Vasili
ariadne0217 wrote: 30 Sep 2026, 10:49
Hi Vasili, I actually opened the bottom plate and figured it out! The internal gear attached to the potentiometer was sitting slightly low. I just pushed it up to realign the teeth, and now it sweeps perfectly from 0 to 100%. Thanks for the help, the pedal is awesome!
Great! I'm happy it works well now. Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any assistance.